Kansas Public records: How to order public records in KS

When ordering Public records for yourself or a close family member (i.e. sibling, spouse, grandchild, and ward) in Kansas you contact the Kansas Department of Health and Environment which is the department in charge of public records. (Also known as vital records) You fill out a form or request for your files and they process it then your copy of your official document is on its way. Kansas keeps it simple and quick while processing your request making getting on your way much easier.

The central office is located and can receive mail at:
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Charles Curtis State Office Building
1000 SW Jackson
Topeka, KS  66612

Contact information on mailing and walk-in offices is at the following link if you where unable to mail to the above address:

To contact the official e-mail for assistance with vital records or for more information the e-mail is: [email protected]

If you where not able to contact anyone of assistance at that e-mail or your e-mail was not able to reach a member of their staff you can also contact: [email protected]

To call the department in charge of vital records directly you can dial:
 (785) 296-1400 

(The hours of the above phone numbers live representative services are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00p.m.)

If you where not bale to find assistance at that number more information is available at:
 (785) 296-1550 
Their Fax is: (785) 368-6368

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Comment